Some useful tips
Lost Luggage:- To avoid inconvenience in the event of lost/delayed luggage, we recommend you carry onto the plane your washing kit & medications, a change of clothes, walking boots and day pack.
Travel Tips:- Travel in your boots and bring slippers for the plane journey. Earplugs are useful, especially if using city hotels where church bells or traffic may be a nuisance. A small umbrella can be useful for rain and shine protection. Medicines you know are always more comforting, so it is worth bringing a small supply of your prescribed and favorite cures!
Water:- Water in Europe is drinkable unless it says otherwise, but those who are sensitive may wish to drink bottled water.
Breakfast:- Most hotels offer a range of items including cereal, fruit, yogurt, eggs, bread and pastries, cheese and ham. In England you can get a cooked breakfast!
Luggage allowance:- 1 MEDIUM CASE H60cm /24″; W40cm /16″; D28cm /11″ + 1 DAY PACK.
We have limited space in the minibus and reserve the right to refuse your case or ask you to pay transfer fees if you exceed these limits – also if you are traveling before or after the tour remember that you will have to carry your luggage up and down steps and stairs!
Think practically:- Do pack carefully for the sake of your arms and ours; it is amazing what you can do without!
- Health/emergency insurance policy
- Credit cards
- Photocopies of all the above
- Some loose currency
- First aid (blister kit, sunscreen, insect repellent, pain-killers)
Recommended clothing:- Lightweight and comfortable clothing is best for walking !
- Hiking boots/thick soled or ankle supporting shoes
- Socks, woollen or cotton, several pairs
- Thermal/silk undershirts (useful if you feel the cold)
- Shorts or trousers with zip-off legs
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Sun/Rain hat
- Water-windproof raincoat (leggings optional but useful)
- Washing kit, razor etc.
- Underwear and nightwear
- Training shoes
- Casual change of clothes & shoes for the evenings
- Men – jacket is optional
- Swimwear (you never know when you might want it)
- Water bottle (we provide a plastic 33cl bottle for refill)
- Light binoculars
- Reading/writing material
- Tube of washing detergent (laundry services are expensive and not always available)
- Walking sticks – we provide these for use – 1 stick per person